Use this craft to teach your kids about generosity. They can share colors and and strips of paper to show they are generous.
- Template of the fish (or you can draw your own).
- 1/2 inch or so bits of various colored tissue paper or construction paper (we used tissue paper in the photo above).
- Small amount of tinfoil.
- Thin strips of various colored tissue paper or construction paper.
- One big blue piece of tissue or construction paper OR a blue marker or crayon.
- Print rainbow fish template (or draw the outline of a fish on a piece of paper).
- Color the head in blue, or glue on a piece of tissue or construction paper. It doesn’t have to be perfect as we’re going to cut out the fish at the end.
- Glue strips of various colored tissue or construction paper on the fins and tail (see photo).
- Glue 1/2 inch (fish) squares of tissue paper or construction paper onto the body.
- Glue a few strips and 1/2 inch squares of tinfoil over the fish (or just glue on one square scale to show Rainbow Fish after he shared).
- Cut out along the lines (if you used tissue paper you’ll be able to see the lines through it… If you used construction paper, just estimate where the lines are). This step will require adult assistance for younger children.
- Cut out the mouth and eye and glue them onto the head. (you can color them in with markers if you wish).
TemplatesSet page margins to zero. If you have trouble fitting the template on one page (FILE, PAGE SETUP or FILE, PRINTER SETUP in most browsers).
RAINBOW FISH TEMPLATESource: DLTK’s Educational Activities